MOUSE pads can be dirtier than you imagine, especially if being used for long periods of time.
Cleaning a mouse pad, however, is so easy you’ll be able to do it monthly.
How can I clean my mouse pad?
Cleaning a mouse pad can be done in four simple steps:
- Fill a container with cold water and soak your mouse pad.
- Gently scrub your mouse pad with hand soap.
- Rinse away the soap using the cold water.
- Pat your mouse dry with a towel and allow it to dry completely before using it.
This method of cleaning can be used on any non-RGB/non-wired mousepads.
Can I put my mouse pad in the washing machine?
- Use a gentle detergent
- Wash with cold water
- Use a light cycle
- Let the mouse air dry completely before use (do not throw it into a dryer)
How often should I clean my mouse pad?
Being that cleaning your mouse is incredibly easy and not time consuming – you should aim to clean it at least 3 or 4 times a year.
If you work in an office, it is especially vital that you clean the tools you work with and disinfect the items on your desk.
Make sure to clean your table top, computer, phone, chair, printer and other often-used supplies monthly.