Man receives minor burns during shed fire near Redding Safeway

Connect with us

Redding Fire Department engines shown in this file photo

A Redding man was treated for minor burns after a fire consumed a shed and damaged a carport Saturday morning, according to the Redding Fire Department.

The fire caused $3,500 in damage.

It started just before 7:11 a.m. at a home at 2266 California St., less than a quarter of a mile west of the Safeway grocery store on Cypress Avenue and Market Street, Redding Fire Inspector Guido Concello said.

When crews arrived they saw flames coming out of a detached shed next to the residence. They put out the fire in five in an “aggressive” five-minute “attack”, then spent two hours mopping up the area and salvaging what they could, Concello said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *